Monday, October 25, 2010

The Booster Gold Workout Program: Part 1


Since my last couple posts have been very comic-centric, I feel its time for me to post about something health related. As you may recall, I'm training to be a muscle-y Booster Gold at Comic-Con next year. I've very recently started a new workout program to accomplish this goal.

First off we have the issue of cardio. Cardio is very important in any work-out program, its they way you actually lose weight. It is very important to do something that you enjoy and will keep doing regularly throughout the course of the program. You all know I love running, but with the weather getting colder and my sore lack of anything that resembles a car, I've had to turn to something else.

I've racked my brain for something cheap (preferably free) that I would really enjoy and could hopefully involve as close to a full body work-out as possible. One notion that I kept coming back to was taking dance lessons. I've always enjoyed the idea of learning to dance but I could never get myself motivated enough to take a class. Of course, I live in a small town and all the dance classes are full of small children, and I'm not too fond of being considered the "creepy older guy."

Then I remembered a gem I found online after watching the most recent Hanson (yes, the MMMBop kids) video. "Thinking 'Bout Somethin'" is an incredibly catchy song that actually has a not too difficult dance associated with it. With the combination of how fast the dance becomes at full speed, it provides a perfect cardio workout, and do this four minute song five times and you've got yourself a 20-minute full body workout.



In order to combat the problem of potentially getting tired of this, I've been tagging a more difficult dance to the end of each work-out. This is a fun way to challenge myself, while still enjoying myself. And seriously, its amazing how many choreography tutorials you can find on youtube. Recently, I've been learning the dance from Lady Gaga's "Telephone."



I do this workout five times a week, for me this is Sunday through Thursday. This way I have plenty of cardio but I don't tire myself out too much. Be sure to check back in next week for the other half of the Booster Gold Workout Program, and come back later this week when I check out the new Jimmy Olsen back-up feature in the latest Action Comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment