Friday, May 28, 2010

A Blast From My Past

A couple days ago I went back to my old high school to run around the track. Once I stepped on the track, I heard someone say, "Hey Terry!" It was a girl I gradusted with that I haven't seen, probably since graduation day. I gave a quick "Hi" back to her and started to do my streaches.

She continued to jog around the track as I streached, then I began my run. I remember her being in pretty good shape in high school and once I caught up to her I noticed she was sporting a "Lady Skyhawks" jacket, which I'm pretty sure means she played a sport.

Since her pace was somewhere around a light jog, I quickly passed her. Throughout the course of this three mile run, I passed her about three more times. Now I know that men are naturally more athletic then women, and I also realize I have no idea where she's been fitness-wise over the past six years, but it still felt really good to have that much stronger a run then her.

At the end of the day, in high school I was the geeky overweight kid and she wore a letterman jacket and six years later I can lap her three times. I don't care who you are, that's going to feel good.

With that said, I'm really glad that she was out running and is concerned about her fitness. I always love to see someone I know out when I run, maybe next time I'll see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment