Sunday, May 2, 2010

Running In The Rain

Now that I've been running everyday for a little over a month now, I've realized that one of my favorite things to do is run in the rain. I never seem to get too tired while its raining. Something about the tiny drops of water brushing against me as I run is really refreshing.

That being said, when I say "running in the rain" I mean a pretty light rain. Nothing like a storm, just enough that someone would say "its raining" as opposed to "its sprinkling." Today, I went running during a flash flood watch.

I went outside and it was lightly raining. I was looking forward to a pretty relaxing run. After about a mile, it started to downpour. It was kinda cool at first, I enjoyed the slightly larger drops of water hitting my face, but as my clothes got heavier and the puddles got bigger, it was no longer relaxing.

I'm not saying I'll never run in a heavy rain again. It was actually pretty exhilarating. It was a new running challenge. I still made it four miles and I seriously wasn't sure that I would. It was also much easier to keep running, I really didn't want to walk home in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment