Sunday, April 4, 2010

Confession

O.K., I admit it. Holidays take a toll on everyone's eating and exercise schedules. I am no exception. This past Saturday was my mother's birthday and Sunday was, of course, Easter.

I visited my family in Boone county with high hopes of eating things, such as Easter candy and birthday cake, with much moderation and maintaining my running schedule. None of this happened.

My grandma made a huge Easter/Birthday dinner consisting of ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, ect., ect., ect. I ate one full plate, then pursued to eat cake and ice cream. My mom bought me a pretty big chocolate and peanut butter Easter egg and a full package of Reese Cups, needless to say, I ate all of it.

To say I cheated this weekend would be a vast understatement. I went overboard. Admittedly, starting to eat healthy just before a family birthday and the Easter holiday probably wasn't the best idea, but its no excuse, I really should have done better. I should have ate the junk food in moderation, if at all, and I should have continued my exercises.

With all that said, its a new day. Tomorrow morning, I plan on getting up at 4:30 a.m. and going for a 4 or 5 mile run. I can do this, I know I can. I'm hoping that over time this blog can be a place for encouragement, that is if you can pick up on my obvious hint, readers.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Terry! You have to do it! Or we will all be very disappointed and never read a blog of yours again. :) No worry about the Easter/Birthday eating. Even pro runners know that holidays do not count .. right?

    ReplyDelete