Monday, April 12, 2010

A Week of Running Partners

After I've started running regularly, I've gotten a lot of questions about who I run with. The truth is, I've never really regularly run with anybody. However, I've wondered if there are any advantages to having a regular running partner. Which gave me an idea for my first theme week.

Throughout this week I'm going to be running with three different people. People at three different skill levels. I'll be running with one experienced runner, one casual runner (roughly at my skill level) and one new runner. Here are my predictions of how I think my runs will go.

When I'm with the experienced runner, I believe he will always be slightly ahead of me, which will push me to keep up. Although, I think I may feel a little like I'm holding him back. I think this will probably be my best workout of the week, because of how hard I'll push myself, but I hope it doesn't wear me out for the rest of the week.

Running with the runner around my level should be fun. I'm hoping it will make me feel like I've accomplished something over the past few weeks. It would also be great if this could turn into a regular running partner. I think this run will let me know if I would want a regular runner partner or not.

With the new runner I'm not really sure what to expect. It will be up to me to motivate her. I think the pressure of keeping her motivated may be enough to keep me motivated, but there's also a chance I won't be able to do as much running as I typically do.

So there's my guesses, check back later this week to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment