Saturday, November 27, 2010

Farewell Fried Foods

Today I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ordered 12 boneless wings. I know this seems like a lot, but it was necessary. I was saying goodbye to an old friend. That's right, for this week's Dr. Oz challenge, I'm giving up fried foods.

The truth is, my personal diet has involved some level of fried foods for as long as I can remember. Its hard to remember my childhood without Happy Meals and mozzarella sticks. I've always known they were bad for me, but its almost like they've always been a part of me.

I get that it seems like I'm building this up way too much, but I'm pretty sure that if I don't treat this like a big deal, I'm going to be overwhelmed. This is a pretty huge lifestyle change. The easily eliminates probably about half of the unhealthy foods that I eat.

I'm ready to take on this challenge, its like I'm entering a new stage in this training. This diet just got real.

No comments:

Post a Comment