Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Very Potter Glee Guest Star

I've been trying to wean my way back into talking about other forms of entertainment, since this blog has been a place for fitness tips, then a little bit of comic book analysis mixed in and now I'm going to firmly place myself back into the world of pop culture by talking a little about tomorrow's episode of Glee, "Never Been Kissed."

Glee has a special place in my heart, not only because they're a show about everything I love, but also because their first Comic-Con panel was at my first Comic-Con. It is for this reason that I will always associate them with Comic-Con, no matter how mainstream the show becomes. On top of that, the show is pretty geeky. Pretty much all the main characters are outcasts in one way or another and they find their escape in music. Sure, they're more talented then most of us were in high school, but at its heart, this is a show about theatre geeks, movie geeks and music lovers. A pretty good description of most of my friends.

Tomorrow's episode is especially geeky because it will feature the star of my favorite fan-made musical, A Very Potter Musical. It is a seriously amazing musical and its Harry, Darren Criss, is really talented. Criss has a great voice and is really funny, which makes me very excited to see him on Glee.

However, Criss isn't the only reason I'm pumped for tomorrow's episode. I'm a huge Gleek, but my favorite part about the show was how much story the writers were able to cram into one 40ish minute episode. The first five episodes of this season feels like they've been dragging their feet. I've loved the musical numbers, but the show is so much more then that. But this next episode looks like its going to deliver a very meaty episode I've been craving. In the promo, the narrator even opened with "Glee's got so much action, we don't even know where to begin." That sounds like my kind of episode.

Thus, I have very high expectations for "Never Been Kissed." It features one of my favorite online performers, promises lots of story and has some pretty amazing songs lined up, including a cover of Bob Marley's "One Love." After tomorrow night, one thing's for certain, I'm either going to be very happy, or very disappointed. And by the looks of the already released musical number by Darren Criss, I don't think I have much to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment